Makito configuration for an SRT broadcast with 2 languages
Sending two languages in a single stereo channel (languages panned L+R) is possible with any encoder that supports SRT (e.g. OBS Studio, Wirecast, vMix ...).
Event configuration in Clevercast
When creating an event in Clevercast, choose 'SRT multilingual broadcast (Clevercast as listener)' as the broadcast protocol.
Go to the Broadcast tab of your event in Clevercast and make sure that Languages per track is set to 2.
Go to Output Settings in the Makito configuration and do the following:
- check Enable SRT
- Type should be set to "Caller"
- Hostname: copy the domain (e.g. “mine.origin01.live-srt.rambla.be”) from the ‘Broadcast’ tab in Clevercast
- Port: copy the port from the ‘Broadcast’ tab
- Passphrase: copy the passphrase from the ‘Broadcast’ tab
- Key Length: use the same key length as on the ‘Broadcast’ tab
- Stream ID: leave empty
Make sure that the audio track contains a stereo channel with the languages panned L+R.